Recipe of the Week!
Chicken & Corn Patties
200g chicken breast - minced
1/3 large fresh corn-on-the-cob
3 pieces of water chestnuts - finely diced
10 strings of fine French beans - finely diced
1 small red onion (about 60 g) - minced
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
2 1/2 tbsp cornflour
1 large egg (lightly beaten)
2 tsp cooking oil
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp paprika
Dash of pepper
1. Put chicken breast, sweet corn, water chestnut, fine French beans and red onion into a mixing bowl and combine well. Add in breadcrumb and cornflour to the mixture.
2. Add in egg, seasoning and oil. Stir in one direction until the batter is well distributed. 3. Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan. Drop 1 tablespoonful of batter into the pan and flatten slightly with a spatula/fork. Lower heat and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Cook the patties in batches.
4. Transfer patties to a serving plate lined with kitchen paper. Best serve them with dipping sauce.
1. Remove the outer leaves and thin hairs (silk), was and rinse and then carefully run a knife down the cob to cut out the corns. 2. Keep the patties manageable at a heaped tablespoon. Too large a patty will take longer to cook and the patty may break up. Use a spoon to scoop the batter and a fork to scrape the batter into the pan.
3. There is no need to precook the fresh corns.